Monday, December 10, 2007

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like CHRISTMAS!

Hello everyone! I hope everyone is starting to get in the Christmas spirit! I know I am! Even though I don't like the fact that Christmas seems to start earlier and earlier each year, and I can't deny that I do love the Chistmas season.

Last Friday was the one year anniversary of our engagement. It was so fun to remember the night and talk about all the exciting emotions we had that night. It was one of the best nights of my life.
Well, in getting with the Christmas spirit...I did a little decorating around the apartment. Our apartment is small, so we can't really have a huge Christmas tree....so ours is just a baby one.


When we were back home in CO for Thanksgiving, we went to the mall and I found the CUTEST ornament for our Christmas this year. Isn't it perfect?? For being our first Christmas, our tree is actually quite well decorated. It helps having a Grandma who worked a Christmas store for several years. Also, I didn't take a picture of it, but when my Mom and Sister went to Ireland this year they brought us back a Sworaftski Crystal ornament that is gorgeous!
As much as we love Christmas....someone might love it even more....OSO. Oso has been loving the snow storms that we have gotten. The other day, a family friend shot a duck. He brought it over so we could start teaching OSO how to be a hunting dog. I was surprised when OSO wanted nothing to do with that duck. He would run up to it and smell it...then do a backwards crawl away from it. Eventually we cut off the wings and wraped them around a canvas dummy. He liked that a little better. Dave and Matt would drag the duck all around the house, then we would release Oso and watch him track down the scent. The verdict is still out on whether or not Oso will be a good hunting dog. It might just take a lot of training...and treats.

Well, I hope this blogs finds everyone in good spirits and good health. Dave and I are entering the next phase of our life and are faced with some pretty big decisions. All we can do is take it one day at a time. Who knows what the future might hold....but for the time being we are enjoying eachother, our health, our families and everything else.

No comments: