Rain, rain go away! Ok, so the rain just wont stop here in good ol’ Maryland! On the news the other night they said that this has been the wettest Spring in Maryland history! WOW! The moisture has been wonderful and will be great for all the summer crops, but the other night we had a river going through our backyard! Everything is so saturated and soggy that people can’t mow their grass and it has made for a very muddy Spring so far. I also think that all this moisture has reeked havoc on some of the species of the animal world and that they are a little confused by all this moisture too.
The other night, after a hard rain storm, I went to let our puppies go potty outside in the yard and I noticed a little creature on our basement patio. If you know me, you know that I’m very scared of those “little creatures” so I immediately called for Dave. Dave had already gone all the way upstairs and had crawled into bed. I ran upstairs and said “Dave, you have to come downstairs and see this…..thing!” Begrudgingly he came all the way downstairs but boy was he glad he did! I point to the creature and he said “WHOA! ….that thing is huge!” After further inspection Dave concluded that it was a gigantic SLUG! GROOSSSS. Dave instantly went from being very sleepy and lethargic to excited and exploratory just like a little kid! We took several pictures of Mr. Slug, but none of them came out very good. Here are the best ones though. I guess Mr. Slug had enough of the rain too and just wanted a dry, clean place to stay the night.
Right before Dave took this pic the Slug scrunched up, so he looks smaller than he really was in this pic.

1 comment:
while the weather seems to be in a very wet mode everywhere, thank goodness it hasn't shared a creature like that in plain city, however when we went to grant's house in Farr west the kids did find some mighty big snails. thanks for sharing and in all honesty you may keep them all.
Post a Comment