Monday, August 2, 2010

Oso makes me laugh…

Sometimes I really swear that my dogs are half human. I’m not sure if it’s because I become the “crazy lonely dog lady” when Dave is gone, but lately my dogs have been cracking me up.

 

For instance…today before our walk I had to run to the post office, so I took Oso and Bella with me. As I was paying an older lady came up to me and said, “Do you have a yellow lab in your car.” I said, “Yes.” And she said, “Oh, well, he is honking the horn with his paw out in the parking lot. Did you teach him to do that?” “I responded…”No….No I did not.”

 

At that moment I’m sure I had a look on my face that is similar to the look a mother gets on her face when someone tells her, “Your kid just punched Sally in the face” …or…"Your kid just wiped poop all over my walls.” I was so embarrassed at first and immediately started to gather up my things and run out of the post office. Then I thought wait a second!….”My DOG is honking the horn with his PAW (probably because he was pissed with didn’t go straight to the P-A-R-K and stopped at the post office first). That is awesome! How the hell did he figure that out!?!?” I could only get in my car and laugh the whole way to the park.

 

Then tonight I was sitting on the computer working on some stuff and Bella and Oso were by my feet in a crazed frenzy chewing on their favorite rawhide bones. After several hours of drooling and chewing Oso finshed his bone. He then proceeded to walk to the bathroom and jump up on the sink and start to lick the faucet. He has done this several times with Dave, but tonight it was extra funny for some reason. Guess it was the “crazy lonely dog lady” that came out in me.

 

I decided to grab my camera and document this weird little quirk of his. It’s nice for us because we don’t have to use a bowl in the house. If only little Bella reached the faucet!

 

DSC_0068 DSC_0069

DSC_0071

3 comments:

Caitlin said...

Oso you are funny!! I think Dave secretly taught him the honking trick. I'm glad they are keeping you company. I miss them! I'm a little jealous that you can watch their funny antics all day. Oh and Bella with her attitude when she doesn't want to give up her marrow bones. Too funny!

mom h said...

oh how we love oso,it must be his crazy quirks. thanks for the story
and the pictures

mom h said...

oh how we love oso,it must be his crazy quirks. thanks for the story
and the pictures