Sunday, November 13, 2011

Wyatt Benjamin Miller - 11/13/11

I am so happy to announce that my best friend Caitlin had her baby today!!! Wyatt Benjamin Miller was born at 12:55am in Gilbert, AZ. She was induced on the 12th and slowly progressed through out the day and finally had him on the 13th. We were lucky enough to see him at the hospital this morning. He is so precious and absolutely perfect! Mama was pretty tired, but understandably so. He was 9lbs 2ozs and 21.5 inches long. Whew! What a strong, healthy, big boy. I’m so proud of my friend Caitlin for enduring through her hard labor. Her husband Ben was right by her side the whole time comforting and helping her. What a man!

When I found out that Caitlin delivered on the 13th, I couldn’t help but reflect on the circle of life. November 13th is also my Grandpa’s birthday. For Wyatt to have been born on his birthday was so special to me and such a reminder that with every death there is a birth and continuation of the cycle. I hope Wyatt is blessed enough to have a part of my Grandpa in him.

Seeing Wyatt and holding him got me so excited for our little boy to come. As crazy as it sounds, seeing and holding Wyatt reminded me of the he end result of this pregnancy. Its not just a growing tummy, heart burn, constipation, the loss of the ability to tie your own shoes, wearing maternity clothes, weight gain, etc……it’s so you can have a BABY! I’m so excited to hold and play with Wyatt these next 10 weeks before our little man comes. It will be like the perfect warm-up for me.

Congrats to Ben and Caitlin!!! You will be awesome parents! From the phone call at Olive Garden telling us your were pregnant to holding your baby boy on the day of his birth….what a blessing it has been to be apart of your journey! Can’t wait for the next chapter!

Here are some pics of Wyatt’s birthday!

DSC_0400

DSC_0401

DSC_0407

DSC_0411

DSC_0414-2

DSC_0415

DSC_0421

DSC_0423

DSC_0429

DSC_0431-1

2 comments:

mom h said...

congratulations to Katlin and Ben he is a cute little guy. I'm sure your excitement is mounting. we are also excited

Caitlin said...

I totally forgot to comment on this. Thanks so much for the amazing pictures. We will cherish them forever. I know I had some great people looking down on me that day. How funny that Gma was telling me everyone's birthday and he actually came on Gpa's. I feel like on Gpa's way out and Wyatt's way in they gave each other a high-five. Like "go get 'em."