Tuesday, November 13, 2007

End of the Hale Era!


Well, there will officially be no more Hale's playing on Weber State's Field. Dave played his last home game against Fort Lewis on Saturday. I'm sure glad the game was a blow out so we all could just sit in section "L" and enjoy the atmosphere, company, and watching #62 one last time at Stewart Stadium.



Dave's sisters and family did a wonderful job making signs and posters. They coverted section "L" into section "HALE" and it was awesome. They also paid tribute to each of the brothers that played.


I had the opportunity to walk with my husband when they announced his name for senior day. As I as walking I could help but think how proud I was of all that he has accomplished. He had such an awesome career and battled threw many obstacles. As many of you know, I was unable to compete in my senior year of volleyball, but somehow I feel as if I lived my senior year through Dave. I would walk away from the games sweaty because I felt as if I played every down with him. Saturday's game gave me a sense of closure as well, which was wonderful. I was unable to play my senior year, but I tried to help Dave through his as much as I could. Whether it was a massage, a good meal, or support, I wanted to him to have the best senior year ever.




After the game we took some pictures, chatted, and got ready for the massive potatoe bar that was being prepared in Plain City. Once Dave showered up Dave and I hopped on scooty and headed out to Plain City to enjoy a great meal with family and friends.



I'm sure the finality of the entire situation won't hit anyone until we actually go to another home game and there isn't a Hale to cheer for. That is ok though.....it was a great era and everyone should be so proud of the legacy the Hale boys created at WSU. It might be awhile, but who knows, maybe one of the grandchildren will play football, or another sport at WSU.




It was a wonderful day filled with many emotions. I'm sure if you were to ask Dave the best part of it all was just being around all the friends and family that supported him through all his years at WSU.




THANK YOU TO ALL!

No comments: