Monday, November 5, 2007

Our Neighbors: Cruiser & Lucy



So, Dave and I live in an apartment complex, but there are lots of cute neighborhoods right next to us. One house in particular is home to two of the CUTEST bull dogs ever. We met Cruiser and Lucy a few short weeks after we came back from our wedding. I'm surprised we even noticed them because their daily tasks consist of sleeping and more sleeping. We started out by just coming up to the fence and scratching their ears (which they love!), and eventually we talked to their owners and made friends.

Dave ran into their owners recently at the grocery store, and they told us that Lucy is PREGNANT! How exciting! She is going to have little bull dog pups!!! Their owners told us that she had a litter about 2 years ago and that they kept them in a plastic swimming pool in their family room. I guess bull dogs are notorious for not being very good mothers, so Lucy's owner had to wake up every 2 hours to feed the pups.

It has been nice to have such cute neighbors. Dave and I find ourselves saying "hello" and "goodbye" to Cruiser and Lucy every time we drive by. Sometimes they will pick their fat, wrinkly heads up off the cement and look at us, and other times they just ignore us. We are excited to watch Lucy's tummy grow and to see her have her pups!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Derek and I plan on having a bulldog as soon as we can! They are so fun.