
I thought I would share a little story that happened yesterday that made me laugh and cry all at the same time....
Dave had yesterday off, so we were able to talk a little more than usual. He had called me right when he was going off on an adventure to find a Dick's sporting goods store. He was talking to me about how much he liked the "bin-o-stuff" I had sent him inside of his truck that we had shipped to Maryland. I had compiled a little bin of odds and ends that would help him feel more at home.
One of the things I had inluded was a sun visor for his truck to protect his dash. While on the phone, he mentioned that he loved having it, but that it was such a pain in the butt to use. He said that just when he would get one side all situated and perfect, the other side would come undone and he would have to start all over.
At first, I couldn't tell if he was being serious as he was telling me this. As he kept on talking I realized he was dead serious. I couldn't help but start to chuckle. Dave stoped and said "What is so funny?...I'm really frustrated with this thing?" I calmly said to him..."Babe...have you tried flipping down the visors in your truck to hold the sun visor in place?" A few seconds of silence elapsed...then he said "Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......so that is how you do it, I had no idea!"
We both took a minute to have a good laugh then Dave said something that was just so cute. He said, "I have never had a car that was nice enough to use one of these....I'm still getting used to it." After he said that I couldn't help but get a little tear in my eye because it reminded me (not that I need reminding) of how sweet his nature is and how humble he is and probably always will remain.
So...if any of you are wondering if the NFL life has taken over Dave....be rest assured, it hasn't. For now, he is just enjoying the simply luxuries of such things as a sun visor. :-)
I love and miss you babe!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment