Monday, May 4, 2009

Our First Home!

OK...so the reason I have been a slacker lately with blogging is because we have been busy purchasing our first home! YAY. Dave and I have been looking high and low, far and wide for a home to live in out here in MD since September. Home searching was pretty much my full time job. We decided that it would be a waste to continue to rent (since rent prices out here are so high) and we wanted a place to live that had a garage and a yard for our puppies!

We searched a 30 mile radius from our apartment and had a really hard time finding a home in our price range and that we liked. The cost of living out here is soooo outrageous! Ironically, we ended up purchasing a town home literally about a 100 ft. from our apartment. You can see the back of our town home from the window of our master bedroom in our apartment. Who would of thought!

Luckily, our lease doesn't end until the end of May in our apartment so we have a whole month to slowly move our things over. We are going to be doing some projects in our house (i.e. carpet, paint, cleaning...yada yada) right away then we will start to move over.

I will be sure to post some pictures up soon...but for now I have to run.

2 comments:

Kelsey Walford said...

BOOOOO NO PICTURES!!!!!.. I am a college student I don't have time to read, I need pics!!!

mom h said...

This is very exciting. Wish we were there to help with you with your projects. Dad swings a mean paint brush I just do the chasing. Anxious to see the pictures. So happy for all four of you.