While we were in Ogden, UT we got to experience something called "Winterfest." It was a weekend full of fun that the city organized that entailed bringing truck fulls of snow from the mountains and grooming stretches of the road. They had all sorts of winter sports activities downtown on the groomed snow, but the most exciting was the snowmobile races. Looking back, the whole event was totally crazy and a little unsafe...but the participants and spectators had an absolute blast with the whole thing. Dave was able to capture a race on our flip camera. Check it out!...
Another highlight of our trip was buying an RV! We should have made this purchase 2 years ago when we started traveling across the country, but kept putting it off. Finally we broke down and bought one while we were in UT. You know the saying, "Go Big...or Go Home?" Well, that sort of applies to this purchase...we went BIG! It was our first time buying an RV, but that didn't stop us from buying a 42' toy haulers. We bought a 2010 Keystone Fuzion 398 Limited Edition. We had a LOT to learn when it came to the actual RV....and had a few bumps along the way...but so far we have really enjoyed having it. On the way home we stayed the night at a Cracker Barrell and at a Wal-Mart. We can't wait to use it to camp in as well as to take with us when we go out West. If you know us...you know we name our vehicles. So...in case you were wondering, we named our RV "Tank." So...with Dave's truck our whole rig is called "Toby and Tank!"

While in Ogden Dave was asked to give a speech to the students of his old elementary school. He did a great job and I was so proud of him since it was mostly off the cuff. He talked to them about hard work, determination and personal success! After his speech we decided to take a tour of the school (since it is new and built just a few years ago). While on our tour we stopped at the classroom of his old science teacher...Mr. G. Much to my surprise Mr. G had an 11ft boa constrictor wrapped around his neck when we came in. Dave explained to me that the snake's name was Monty...and that Monty was there when Dave was a student. Mr. G proceeded to place Monty around Dave's neck. I immediately started sweating because I am terrified of snakes and didn't want Dave to make me hold him (it was a little unfair to because I was in a wheel chair and couldn't just get up and run away!). Eventually Dave and the students convinced me to touch Monty...but I did so only with one finger of course! Here is a picture with Monty wrapped around Dave..

While in CO we were able to go to one of my sister's intramural water polo games...yes...you read that right. Since Korky is going to UCCS and not playing collegiate volleyball she has decided to stay busy and fit by playing intramural sports. It was so fun to watch her play...I wish WSU had intramural water polo. Of course we happened to bring our flip camera....so here is some footage from her game. Love ya Kork!
While in UT Dave purchased a new gun that he has had his eye on for awhile. He bought an Smith and Wesson M&P 15 (Shoots a .223 or a 5.56 nato round). He was able to go rabbit hunting with one of his friends while we were in UT as well as use it at a shooting range. While at the shooting range Dave talked me in to shooting it. I was terrified because the shooting range was so loud and all the other guns were making me jump. I didn't want to back down from his challenge though....so I shot his gun. Not only did I shoot his gun...but I got more rounds closer to the bulls eye on our targets! He was quite impressed ;-)
Now we are back home and getting ready for the off-season work outs to start. I am hoping to start physical therapy this week. We have had beautiful weather since we have been home. You can definitely tell that Spring is just around the corner. Can't wait!

1 comment:
so glad you came and had fun and success and so glad you got home safley
Post a Comment