Wednesday, July 28, 2010

We’re home….and camp has started

I’m a little behind on blogging, but now that camp has officially started I have a little time to catch up. Yes, that’s right, I sent my husband off to live in an old, disgusting, run down Best Western for 4 weeks. The good part is that he won’t be staying there much. Most of his time will be spent on the practice fields of McDaniel college. I can’t believe that this will be his 3rd NFL camp! Wow…time flew by.

 

So, in an effort to play catch up, I have a few pics to post from our wonderful summer trip out West. Dave and I truly had SUCH an amazing time. We tried to make the best of every moment and I think we succeeded in doing so. It was nice to spend so much time with family. I took over 1400 pics during the trip…but I think I would go crazy trying to post all of them…so here are just a few!

 

DSC_0992

Meet the King and Queen of my parents’ hot tub in Colorado

DSC_0457

While in CO my family had our annual family reunion in Grand Lake, CO. We decided to rent 4 small cabins for our big group. Here is one of our cabins. They were so cute inside and all were decorated with different animal themes. Dave and I (along with some other cousins) had the “Wolf” cabin.

CSC_0906

My cousin Andrea and my sister Kelsey decided to sleep out in the tent. Good thing it only took an hour and 6 people to put up that tent. Right guys? ;-)

042

My family is rarely seen with out a corn hole set near by. So of course we couldn’t have a family reunion with out a corn hold tourny. Congrats to Phil and Kelsey for winning the tourny!

Fish

Every year we have a fishing tournament as well. The winner is whoever catches the BIGGEST fish. I caught 7 fish as well as the biggest…..but at the last second my aunt Joyce caught a bigger one. She was the official winner! We had so much fishing that beautiful lake!

DSC_0602

The fish we caught weren’t very big, but Dave was able to use his precision skills to fillet them. We took the fillets and breaded them in crushed up Dorritos then fried them. They were amazing!

DSC_0755

The town of Grand Lake has some killer Bingo on Saturday and Sunday night. We had amazing luck with Mo, Chris, Doug and Dave all winning. Dave even won the black out game and bought the whole family some delicious ice cream!

DSC_0539

One night up in Grand Lake our family decided to play a volleyball game. We thought we saw a public court, but it ended up being someone’s back yard. They were nice enough to let us play on it though. Check out Phil’s hops!

DSC_0809

My cousin Mo and Chris are getting married Feb 11, 2011 so we thought it would be a great idea to throw them a wedding shower. We had secretly bought them gifts while we were up in Grand Lake. Congrats you two!

WWR

One day we went White Water Rafting. The water was pretty low so the ride was pretty smooth, but we did get to see a bald eagle and a few brave souls (Andrea, Ben, Chris and my DAD!) jumped off a cliff into the river. It was a cold, wet, rainy day but we still had so much fun together!

DSC_0851

My family loves to play “Chubby Bunny.” Here is my Aunt Joyce trying her hardest to stay in the game. It should come as no surprise that Dave won this year.

DSC_0866

One night we all played a dice game called “LCR.” I think it would be safe to say that we are pretty much addicted to this game now. If you have never heard of this game…look it up, it is quite fun!

DSC_0483

Here is a precious picture of Bella checking out baby Olivia. It was so cute to watch them play together!

CSC_0893

The group shot! My aunt is holding a sign that says “We love you Grandpa!” We made him this sign because we had just found out that a few days prior he was having some bladder issues and was taken to the hospital. We wanted to send him our love and encouragement!

3 comments:

Caitlin said...

Great post!! I LOOVED the picture of Bella and Olivia...how cute. I can just see Bella's next move of licking her face. Grand Lake looks so pretty, I need to go there. I'm officially inviting myself. Oh and Ben. After meeting everyone I could just imagine how much fun these reunions are.

Sarah Stank said...

your family is such a hoot!

Kelsey Walford said...

hey just fyi i jumped off the cliff too, i was the second person to go silly!!!