Tuesday, September 23, 2008

UPDATES, UPDATES, UPDATES!!!!

I’m back I’m back! Wow, so I just logged into our blog and realized that the last time I posted was August 23rd!!! A whole month ago. I have good reason though to have not posted in such a long time. I think it would be an understatement to say that we have had a lot of things going on in our life lately. Since so much has gone on….rather that giving you a long, drawn out dissertation I thought I would just cover the highlights and fill everyone in.

· On August 30th, Dave was told by the Baltimore Ravens that he had made the 53 man roster and that he was officially apart of the team!!! Woo hoo! We cried, we laughed and then we immediately called everyone who was anxiously awaiting to hear the big news. This news meant that we could officially move out to Baltimore and that we wouldn’t have to be apart any longer!

· On Septmeber 2nd I flew back home to Utah and spent one day finishing up packing and getting our apartment ready to move out of. Thankfully, Dave’s father was able to meet the mover’s at our apartment at a later date so that I could hit the road and start driving to MD.

· On September 3rd, I loaded my suitcase and Oso into Judy (my car) and headed to Colorado to pick up my mom (She graciously offered to help me with our relocation….she had no idea what she was getting into ;-)).

· On September 4th, my mom and I set out on our journey across the nation. Our first stop was in SEEEEEWARD, NB. We stopped there so we could see my sister Kelsey (Korky) and her boyfriend Ben. We got in pretty late but we were still able to grab some pizza and share a few good stories.

· The next morning my mom, Oso and I woke up early and prepared for a 850 mile drive to Ben’s house in Avon Lake, OH (Dave’s brother). It was a looooonnnnnngggg drive….but we made it. Oso had some good drugs so he was zonked out in the back seat. My mom and I took turns driving and sleeping. I’m so thankful I had her with me.

· We got to Ben’s house pretty late. We chatted with Tara for a few minutes then hit the hay. The next morning we once again woke up early to start the drive (at this point it felt like ground hogs day). We were somewhat more inspired to start driving this day though because we knew it was our last leg of the trip. We made it to our apartment in the early afternoon, dropped Oso off, took a quick shower and then made it to Dave’s game against the Bengals. It was a crazy day, but I was happy that my mom was able to see some of Dave’s game and experience the Raven’s amazing atmosphere. After the game we all went to Outback and enjoyed a nice meal. It was a nice break from roadtrip food!

· The next morning we SLEPT IN…then my mom and I hit the shops and immediately started to get stuff for the apartment. Even though we were having a lot of our stuff shipped out, there were still some items that we needed to buy. My mom and I went to IKEA, Bed, Bath and Beyond, Target, Wal-mart…you name it! She helped me put together some furniture and get our apartment ready for our stuff to be delivered.

· On Tuesday the 9th, we were going to take Oso to a “Puppy Pool Party” at the local swimming pool that was closing down for the season. Unfortunately, it got rained out and rescheduled for the next day. My mom was sad because she was going to fly home and not be able to see Oso splish and splash. The next night I took Oso back to the pool and he was the first one there. He jumped right in and swam all around. Then as more and more dogs came Oso became more and more distracted. Eventually all he wanted to do was smell or hump his chocolate lab girlfriend he found. So, we had to go home a little early, but at least he had some fun.

· The mover’s picked up our stuff in Utah on September 10th and delivered it on September 17th. I spent that week getting things organized and cleaned up. Dave and I slept on blow up beds and ate out for every meal for almost 2 weeks. It was kinda fun…for a little while….then it just got old. We were very happy to get our stuff and get life back to feeling normal again.


· I worked like crazy to get the house unpacked an organized because Ben’s family came out this last weekend for the Browns game. It was so fun to have Ben, Tara, Max and Seth in our home. Max and Seth loved playing with Oso. It was precious to see them interact. Thanks guy for coming out!


Well, that brings us up to speed. Dave and I are just enjoying living together again and we are getting acquainted with our new city. Dave is currently the back-up left guard. He hasn’t played yet in a regular season game, but he prepares for every game as if he is going start. It is a bit of a change to have him being the one going to work now, but I’m sure I’ll get used to it ;-). We are excited to have our family and friends come out East to visit us. We can’t wait to show off Baltimore and our new surroundings.

Now that we have the internet, I can’t wait to get back to blogging regularly. I’m working on getting some pictures posted of our apartment….stay tuned!

GO RAVENS!!!

No comments: