Friday, November 14, 2008

3rd time is the charm....maybe....

So, even though Dave is the one playing in the NFL this year it looks like I will be the one having surgery at the end of the season. Nope....I'm not kidding.

For those of you who don't know, in Aug. '06 during my first home game of my senior year at WSU I blew out my knee. I tore a lot of ligaments, bruised the bones and dislocated it as well. I had reconstructive surgery 2 months later in CO. In March of '07 I had another surgery because I was still in a lot of pain and not progressing. I was able to rehab for a few weeks, then I graduated, moved back home, got married, and started a new job. I have not seen an orthopedic specialist since my last surgery. I'm still in some discomfort and know that something is not quite right.

One of the benefits of Dave being in the NFL is we have access to some of the best medical doctors in the area. Dave was nice enough to ask their head orthopedic surgeon to look at my knee yesterday since I'm still in some pain.

She did a complete evaluation on me and I was not really surprised when I heard her say, "Ya...wow...that doesn't sound good. There is definitely something going on here." As soon as the evaluation was over she whipped out her script pad and ordered x-rays and an MRI on my knee.

As she was writing everything down, I couldn't help but feel as if I was stuck in the movie Ground Hogs Day or something. I have been through so much with my knee already it is becoming old hat to go through these visits, MRI's and surgeries.

So, if the MRI confirms what the doctor thinks is going on then I will have my knee scoped in order to alleviate the problem and the pain. Let's hope the 3rd time is the charm. I can't wait to put this injury behind me completely and feel normal again.



2 comments:

Natalie said...

I'm sorry to hear that. I will keep you in my prayers and hopefully the third time will be the charm. Mom and Dad fell bad for you as well.

Gregg said...

"Ya...wow...that doesn't sound good" ... that's just what everybody wants to hear from their doctor.