Thursday, June 10, 2010

Carter’s Baptism

Last weekend Dave and I traveled to Fayetteville, NY to his brother Scott’s house (the blue one)…

Map picture

from our house here in Owings Mills, MD (the end unit in the center of the picture).

Map picture

 

We drove to NY because Scott’s oldest child, Carter, was getting baptized into the LDS church. Carter asked if his Uncle Dave would baptize him. Dave was honored, and more than happy to baptize him, so we made the 6 hr. drive up North to be there for Carter.

 

Even though we were only there one night, we still had a great time. It was awesome seeing Carter get baptized and I had a great time swimming that night in the pool at our hotel. I hadn’t been swimming since my surgery and I missed it so much! This trip was a great “warm-up trip” for our big one out West in a few weeks.

 

Here are the pictures I took in NY…

DSC_0591 Carter, Scott and little brother Alan

DSC_0594

With Uncle Dave!

DSC_0587

CSC_0712

The Scott Hale Family! Love this picture!

DSC_0590

Little Joshua checking out Uncle Dave’s beard before the Baptism program. Check out those eyes!

CSC_0708

Dave with Carter after the Baptism.

DSC_0607

Spencer hanging out with Uncle Dave.

DSC_0620

Joshua hanging out with Uncle Dave.

CSC_0706

Carter having some fun with some lemons. After this picture he told me “Don’t worry Aunt Shelby…I didn’t get lemon juice in my eyes because I CLOSED them.” Such a smart young man!

DSC_0639

Spencer getting in on the lemon fun!

DSC_0614

Mom Jolene with all of her boys. Carter informed me he wanted to be “snoring” for this picture. So, that is what he is doing incase you are wondering.

CSC_0710

After the baptism we went over to Scott’s house for some fun and dinner. Here is Ben, Scott, Jolene and Tara relaxing out on the deck.

DSC_0659

All of the cousins had such a great time playing together.

DSC_0673

Seth and Joshua even turned the pool upside down to make their own ball pit. It was hilarious!

CSC_0670

To me this picture is priceless. Even gets me a little emotional. Dave spent the night teaching Carter how to throw the “perfect spiral.” Carter soaked it up like a sponge. Perhaps the Raven’s fishing hat helped?

CSC_0705

Ravens hat…check. Ravens football…check. Doug Flutie jersey…check.

CSC_0695

The newest member of the Ben Hale Family….Baby Jake! He is such a cute little boy. I just had to take some pictures of him.

DSC_0697

DSC_0691

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Those are some great pics!

mom h said...

You can be the family photographer. You got a little emotiaonal on one picture,I am almost in tears at all of them. Thank you,, thank you, thank you. I miss the family so much and I really value any pictue.They at least help me fill connected. Thank you again.

Tara said...

It was a fun weekend...I'm glad we got to be there with everyone. Thanks for taken those pictures...don't forget to send me some!