As if having a seizure, going to the vet, getting three shots, and starting new meds (which turned out to be WAY too high of a dosage) wasn't enough for one pup in a week...things go even worse for Bella last night.
As I went to let her inside the house last night so we could go to bed, I noticed she was sleeping on her bed out on the deck and didn't want to move. I then noticed her face was swollen to twice its normal size.
Bella has always loved to play with fire (Bees) and now she finally got burned (stung in the face).
At first we couldn't tell if it was a reaction to her meds, or a bee sting, but after a visit to the vet this morning we determined it was a sting.
She was running a fever of 103 degrees and still pretty swollen this morning but the shot of benadryl and steroids the vet gave her should help.
Also we determined that the vet who saw her earlier in the week started her out on too high of a dosage of her seizure medication. So we are going to cut that back and see if she won't act so "high."
We took her home, I gave her a bag of pity cheddar popcorn, and now she is resting in our cool basement.

1 comment:
That is so very sad I am sorry
Post a Comment