I’m 18 weeks into my first pregnancy and surprisingly haven’t had a true craving for any particular food. In fact, I’ve actually kind of struggled with food. I think something sounds good and a few bites in it grosses me out. I’ve basically have stayed alive by supplementing my calories with a wonderful organic drink called Orgain. If I’m having a bad food day I will drink one to satisfy me and to make sure I get enough protein. I love them.
Recently however, my first, true-blue craving hit me out of no where! I was preparing dinner and thought I had all my ingredients but needed just a couple more things. Dave offered to run to Wal-Mart for me. At that moment I got the biggest craving for cake with CREAM CHEESE FROSTING! It popped into my head and my mouth immediately started watering. I had this feeling like if I didn’t get some cake with cream cheese frosting soon someone was going to get hurt! The funny thing was I had this feeling that I only needed one bite. It wasn’t like I wanted to engorge myself and eat an entire cake….I just needed one, tasty bite.
Dave quickly ran to Wal-Mart (which is less than 1/4 of a mile away) and it literally felt like he was gone for 10 hours. My anticipation of the cake was making each minute he was gone drag out. It was like I was living in slow motion.
Finally Dave came home and presented me with the answer to my prayers. It was perfect. One…baby….scrumptious…….delectable……piece of carrot cake with CREAM CHEESE FROSTING. I couldn’t even wait for us to be done with dinner. I ripped into the package and used the cute little mini spork they provided and dug in for one perfect bite! It was heaven…and all Baby and I needed. YUMMMMMMMMM!!!!!

2 comments:
lol!! someone is going to get hurt.
that does look yummy!
I have a easy recipe for you, you can make it and keep it in the fridge...
1 pkg Cream Cheese
1 stick of butter
2 Cups powdered sugar
1-2 tsp vanilla
1-2 tsp orange juice, squeezed (optional)
Beat cream cheese and butter then add sugar and vanilla.
This is the recipe I use for my carrot cake.
Good luck with future cravings!!!
Post a Comment