Friday, February 1, 2008

Let it snow...and snow and snow and snow

Here is a pile of snow that is at the Dee Event Center @ Weber State.
Here is Dave standing in front of the pile to show you just how big it is.
It snowed 6 more inches after we took this picture. I'm sure the pile will continue to grow as they plow up all the snow today.


The say that I'm sick of the snow would be a big understatement. I understand that we need the moisture and that little kids love to sled and build snowmen...however, I personally am sick of the snow. This is one of the worst winters I have ever been through.


The indiviual storms haven't been that bad, but we have had several moderate storms with very few warm days which means the snow has just been accumulating. Last night we got another 6 inches to add on top of the several feet of snow we already have. Luckily my wonderful husband woke up and wiped my car off because I forgot to park Judy in the carport. Ooops...thanks babe! After I came to work I found out that Weber State cancellceled school today so I didn't feel too bad that he did that for me because now he can just sleep all morning.


Word on the street ist that there are several more storms yet to come. I guess we will just have to grin and bear it because there's not much we can do to fight Mother Nature. I just hope and pray each day that Dave makes it to Park City safe when he goes up there to train. Good thing his car Korky is a beast in the snow!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean! We have had that same situation in NH. The snow just keeps coming. Luckily, Derek goes to work before I do and he always takes care for my car. It's the nicest gift! Just keep drinking hot cocoa and cuddling- that's what winter is for :)