
Dave and I came up with this idea to have a "Pizza and Wii" party for our Sunday school class from Church. We teach 10 and 11 year olds. We have a pretty small class and we all really get along so we thought it would be a great idea to do a class activity.
When we brought up the idea to them one Sunday, they all agreed that it would be a ton of fun and were really eager to do it. They also agreed that Thursday's were the best day for them. So...last night we held our first Class Activity at our apartment.
We had the kids go through an assembly line and make thier own Boboli (sp?) pizzas. The only boy in the group doesn't like cheese, so he made his with just sauce and bread. It was interesting, but he said it was good so that is all that matters.
After we ate our pizza, grapes and rootbeer, we set up teams and Wii bowled the night away. The kids really liked it and really got into the games. I had bought little valentine treats for the winners of the games. I thought it was really cool when the kids agreed that no matter who won the games that everyone should go home with one of the prizes. It was a nice guesture and showed that even though these kids are 10 and 11 years olds, that they have great heads on their shoulders and can still be respectful.
We bowled several games then decided that we should take the kids home because it was getting late. So they all piled in Judy and I took them all home. I felt like a soccer mom doing carpool. The best part was was none of them were my kids and I went home to just Dave! haha.
All in all the party was a great success. The kids were already planning a movie party and a Valentines party and a March party.....I'm not so sure if we will be making our parties that regular, but it was fun to spend some time with them outside of Church.

2 comments:
Those kids have a couple of GREAT sunday school teachers...I'm sure those kids love the two of you! Can't wait for April.
Hey you need to take a picture of my twin when you go to church and put it up on your blog!
Post a Comment