On Monday, Dave and I attended a charity Halloween Party. It was thrown by Todd Heap (The Raven's TE and poster boy of the NFL). They charity was for the Goodwill and it was the 9th year for the event.
We had known about the party for several weeks. I had come up with the idea for our costume about 3 weeks ago, but I wasn't able to put it all together until the last minute..of course! We were going to go as DOG THE BOUNTY HUNTER...and his wife BETH! Now...if you are not familiar with them...google them. That is all I have to say.
So, at the last minute we ended up finding a acutal "Dog the Bounty Hunter" costume which was perfect and I peiced together the look for Beth. Walking out the door, we knew we looked pretty good, but we weren't sure if it was enough to win the contest or have people know who we were.
We arrived at the party (it was at a Dave and Busters) and instantly people started coming up to us saying that our costumes were awesome. Before we knew it we were standing with Joe Flacco and Todd Heap in front of all the media taking pictures. It was crazy! Everyone was coming up to us asking if they could have their picture taken with us. It was overwhelming to say the least.
We finally escaped to grab some food, then we made our way into the other room where the costume contest was being held. After some speeches and player introductions, they announced the finalists for the costume contest. Technically the players weren't supposed to be in the contest, but I guess they allowed an exception because we made it into the finals. They then asked the crowd of a couple thousand to clap for their favorite costume. We were the last ones announced and the crowd went crazy when they announced "Dog the Bounty Hunter and his well-endowed wife Beth." So we took first place, however they gave all the prizes to the "normal" people at the event. The 1st place prize was a helmet signed by Todd Heap. Dave joked with Todd in the locker room yesterday that we won that helmet fair and sqaure and that we want one. Todd just laughed.
After the contest we bowled, at some more food, got stared at some more and played some games. It was a great event to be apart of. I will start working on our costumes for next year after Thanksgiving ;-).
So, of course we didn't bring in our camera so we don't actually have a picture of ourselves, however their were plenty taken of us that night. Dave is going to try to get one from the Raven's media...then I will post it.
I did find a quick video that the Ravens produced and posted. Click HERE to watch it.
Sidenote: Oso and I are off to our first away game of the season tomorrow. We are driving to Ohio to watch Dave play the Browns! We can't wait to stay with and see Ben, Tara, Max, Seth, and H.R. (who is flying in from Utah).
Until next time.....
GO RAVENS!

2 comments:
Oh you've GOT to get a picture of that posted. I'm crack'n up just picturing that!
Sounds like you guys are having fun back there.
How's Oso copeing without any duck hunting this year?
I'm glad you guys are fitting in okay. Keep in mind that I can make you a costume for next year with enough notice- although I don't know what you can be to top this years.
Post a Comment