Saturday, March 14, 2009

Our Adventure to Ocean City, MD

This Friday Dave came home from working out and said he had an itch to go somewhere. At the time I was cleaning the house and vacuuming. As I finished up cleaning, Dave ran into our office and began searching for ideas on the computer. A couple of minutes later he popped his head out and said, “Pack your bags…we are going to Ocean City, MD for the night!” I just laughed at him and said…”Ok….let’s do it!”

We quickly packed our bags, grabbed some food for Oso and started in on the 3 hour drive. We really had no plans, or any idea what Ocean City would be like, but we thought it would be a fun one night get-a-way (just incase the 4 week road trip across the USA and Birthday trip to Miami wasn’t enough). Of course the weather was absolutely horrible, but we didn’t really care.

We decided to stay at the Hilton because it is technically “off-season” so the rates were really cheap compared to the summer. Our room overlooked the Atlantic Ocean. As soon as we got to our hotel we couldn’t wait to bundle up and take Oso to the Ocean for the very first time. As we ran out on the beach to the Ocean Oso was so confused with the whole concept of sand. He kept trying to eat it as if it were snow, then immediately realized it didn’t taste as good. He soon became aware that the Ocean was one big swimming pool and ran in full boar. It didn’t take long for him to be hit with a wave and knocked off his feet. He didn’t quite know what to think about the Ocean and the waves, but he sure had fun exploring.

After we took Oso in the Ocean, we let him dry off and relax in the room while Dave and I went swimming in the indoor pool. After swimming, we drove around Ocean City looking for some good buffets, but unfortunately a lot of the restaurants are seasonal, so we were left with a crummy pizza place. After dinner we drove around Ocean City and explored. We both decided that it is a really incredible place and that we definitely want to come back in the summer time.

One of the BEST parts of the trip was that we finally traveled over the famous “Bay Bridge.” The bridge connects the two parts of Maryland. I was really scared going over it because I hate heights, but I will admit that it is an absolutely incredible landmark and piece of architecture. The bridge is just over 4 miles long and has all sorts of humps and bumps. The second time we went over it I was able to snap a few pictures.

2 comments:

mom h said...

Glad to see all your posts, It looks like you are useing your vacation time in a great way.Of course we all enjoyed the pictures of oso, especially Dad. Keep enjoying life!

NY Hale Family said...

We love OC MD, that is Carter's favorite Beach...