Tuesday, August 11, 2009

No babies for Oso and Bella…

Yesterday morning I took Bella in to the vet to get spayed. She will be 6 months old August 22nd and so we thought this would be a good time to do it. We wanted to make sure we did it a little early so that she didn’t accidently go into heat because Oso would be all over her if you know what I mean. Since Oso isn’t fixed Mama Shelby would find her self with a full house in about 2 months. I’m sure that Oso and Bella would have had beautiful puppies and that Bella would have been a wonderful mother but it is better that we got her fixed.

 

The vet’s office used a new laser procedure which is less envasive than traditional surgery. When I picked up Bella this morning I was amazed to see how small her scar was. She doesn’t even have to have any stitches taken out…they all dissolve!

 

The hardest part will be getting Bella to “take it easy” for the next week!

 

Here is a picture of Bella’s incision. It is directly in the middle of her belly.

DSCN2165

No comments: