Saturday, October 10, 2009

Bet you’ve never seen a pumpkin that looked so good!

This weekend my Dad is here visiting from Colorado Springs. On Saturday morning my Dad and I decided to paint our pumpkins while Dave was at practice. I thought painting them would be a fun and different alternative from carving them (don’t worry…I love pumpkin seeds so we saved one to carve a little later).

 

For those of you who don’t know, my Dad is a Chiropractor as well as a car enthusiast. He is extremely talented and and has a gift for healing and working with the human body as well as well as working with cars. On top of that he is also an amazing artist. I was reminded of his artistic abilities when we started to paint our pumpkins.

 

My Dad free-hand drew an adorable yellow lab on his first pumpkin. It looked so life-like and was ALMOST as cute as Oso and Bella ;-).  I, on the other hand, did not receive my Dad’s artistic genes and managed to paint a smiley face on my first pumpkin.

 

Here is a picture of our first pumpkins:

DSCF1184 MY DAD’S

DSCF1187

MINE

After my Dad finished his first pumpkin he said, “What should I do for my next one?” I said, “How about a picture of Dave??” So, my Dad grabbed his computer and looked up Dave’s bio on baltimoreravens.com and used that picture as his reference for his second pumpkin. For my second pumpkin I decided to write “GO RAVENS!” on it….I figured I should just stick with letters.

As I was making sure I had spelled R-A-V-E-N-S right on my pumpkin I glanced over at my Dad’s and could not believe the masterpiece he had created. In a matter of minutes he free-hand drew an amazing portrait of Dave. Over the next 15-20 minutes he slowly added shading and small details that really made the portrait come to life. I could not believe how awesome it looked!

 

Here is our second pumpkins:

DSCF1190 MY DAD’S PORTRAIT OF DAVE

DSCF1191

2009 Bio Picture cropped

THE PICTURE HE USED FOR INSPIRATION

DSCF1186

MINE

 

I had such a fun morning painting pumpkins with my dad. I have such an appreciation for people with artistic abilities. I can’t wait to carve our last pumpkin and toast some seeds! The Raven’s play the Bengals tomorrow to determine the division lead. It should be another tense, nerve wracking game. GO RAVENS!