I'm officially more than half way done with this pregnancy. Yesterday I had an Dr.'s appointment and everything looks great. The heart beat continues to be nice and strong and I'm gaining weight which is good. The Dr. went over our 20 week ultra sound with us and everything checked out healthy and normal. I continue to feel GREAT, but am starting to get uncomfortable with certain positions and am realizing I can't quite do everything like I used to (like stand to put my socks on like a stork).
Baby Boy Hale is moving and squirming like crazy in my belly. The movements are incredible to feel. A couple of nights ago he was really active and I had Dave put his hand on my belly but he couldn't feel anything. Then Dave rested his cheek on my belly and....BAM....a punch right to the jaw. Dave said, "Oh my gosh! I just felt him!" Such an precious moment. Dave's smile melted my heart.
I've been working hard brain storming the design and features of our nursery. I think I've got it all picked out. It will by no means be a traditional nursery, but will still be very boy and very baby. In the upcoming weeks we will be going to Babies R Us and Buy Buy Baby (a local baby store) to start getting ideas for our registry. I'm hoping to not get too overwhelmed with all of the "stuff" needed for a baby. I'm always up for a good challenge though and in a way am excited to conquer the challenge ahead.
Today as I got dressed I decided to wear my first maternity shirt. It's a little baggy still, but my body welcomed the added room. I think it is fair to say I've officially "popped!" After weeks and weeks of people telling me "you don't even look pregnant," or "Oh my gosh, I was so much bigger than you at X weeks" it's fun to finally have a belly and flaunt this pregnancy that I'm so excited about. The other day I was looking in the mirror and I realized that not only do I have a long torso, but it is very wide as well. I think I didn't pop for so long because the baby was growing in every direction except for OUT. My belly looks like a sideways oval right now. Oh well...as I've learned....every pregnancy is very different.
Here is a pic of me at almost 23 weeks wearing my first maternity shirt:


1 comment:
The movements are so incredible. It's fun to finally have other people feel and notice the belly moving. Definitley makes it real. Glad to see the bump! Cute shirt...Old Navy? I love their plain shirts.
Post a Comment