If there is one thing Dave loves, it’s playing summer time softball. He used to play it with his brothers all growing up, but hasn’t gotten the chance to recently because of the NFL and all of our other craziness.
A couple of months ago, Chris (my cousin Mo’s husband) called and asked if he would play with their team. At first Chris wasn’t sure if Dave would want to drive the 45 mins. to play, but I think Dave explained to him that Dave would drive to the moon if he had to in order to play some good ol’ softball.
Dave was so excited to play in the first game because he had been working for months on breaking in a new glove after he left his at the Weber County Fair Grounds (the same one he spent all summer collecting cans to pay for when he was a little kid). Dave admitted after the first game that it wasn’t quite like the softball he had played in Weber County, but he still had a lot of fun and of course was the only one to hit one out of the park.
Dave played several weeks with the team and grew to know the guys. They took first in the league and third in the tournament. Since it is so hot here, I only went to the tournament. I saw the team play 2 games. It was lots of fun and reminded me of going to watch Dave play in UT when were just dating.
Here is a picture of the team after they lost in the tournament and placed 3rd. I joke that it looks like Dave and little league team since all of the other guys are pretty short. Thanks Chris for letting Dave play! He had a blast!

1 comment:
So nice of Dave to play softball with the boy scouts in the ward :) I sure wish Ben could get time to do something like that. He would love it. I bet it was fun watching Dave hit it out of the park. With the weather getting nice this is the time to do another league.
Post a Comment