BOY!!!!!
We are so excited to be having a baby boy! I had my 20 week ultra sound on Tuesday and everything went great. It was so unbelievably emotional and overwhelming to see our baby for the first time. I wanted time to slow down so that I could make each moment last longer. It was incredible to see each body part. My favorite was seeing the spine and the heart. The ultra sound tech was really glad that we wanted to know the sex because she said our baby was, “throwing around his junk quite a bit.”
We were so happy that everything appeared healthy. When we were done the ultra sound tech told us that he is weighing in at 14 oz. and that the average 20 week old fetus weighs 10.5 oz. Not really a surprise, but it looks like we will have a big kid on our hands. Grow baby grow!
After our ultra sound we started driving to CO so that I could tell my family in person. We drove half way, stayed the night in Albuquerque, then drove the rest of the was on Wednesday. That night Dave and I picked up all the ingredients for a big spaghetti dinner and all of my CO family members came over. After dinner we set up our formal dining room with an ice cream cream cake that said, “It’s a Boy!”, blue bubble gum cigars, a sign and the pictures from our ultra sound. We invited my family in and said “Baby Hale is a ……BOY!” They were so surprised and so excited to finally find out the sex. There were lots of hugs and every one was so happy for us. The ice cream cake was phenomenal! It was so great seeing my family and having them rub my belly and express their excitement for this baby. I’m certain he will be very spoiled.

2 comments:
dave looks thrilled in that picture. also, who is that sweet face at the bottom? so cute!
we are so excited for you two. i can't wait to see your babe!
We are so excited too! I love seeing the profile picture. I bet it was so fun to see the look on everyone's face when you surprised them. Can November and January just get here sooner!?
Post a Comment