Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Any suggestions??


Ok, so I have been thinking about purchasing a new camera for awhile now. Right now we have a pretty simple, point-and-shoot digital camera as well as a little fancier digital camera (that is more bulky but not an SLR). For whatever reason our "nicer" camera takes the WORST pictures and I would almost prefer using my iPhone camera over it (I won't mention that when I try selling it on ebay though ;-))


After doing a little research on my own, I figured out that an SLR is the way to go. From what I've read, a beginner (in the photography world) can still use a nice SLR and then if you want you can learn more and more about it to change settings and get really technical.


I've read that the Nikon D90 is good one to start out with. I would be using it for everyday photography, as well as high speed, long distance shots when I watch Dave play. Any suggestions for additional lenses as well?? Also, do I really have to go to a speciality camera shop, or does Best Buy have similar prices and products?
I would love any help or feedback! THANKS!

3 comments:

Brandon and Cari (Sellers) Murdock said...

i did a ton of research before buying my camera. it was a difficult choice between nikon and canon, but nikon won out and i am SO happy with my decision. there are tons of places to buy from besides the specialty stores. even costco and sam's carry them, but i got mine through ebay. as for lenses, tamron is a great brand that is much cheaper than nikon brand lenses. mine are all tamron and they take incredible pics. i'm not sure where brandon bought them, but i'll find out for you. when you get your camera, you'll have to come with me to frederick to take some pics of these old covered bridges i've been wanting to photograph!

Dave and Shelby Hale said...

Thanks so much for the help. I will totally take you up on your offer to help me once I buy one. I would love to go to Frederick to take some pics as well! I'm about ready to pull the trigger and get one....so we'll see! :-)

mom h said...

i have an SRL from nikon. it isn't digital though darn it. i love what it can do. still learning how to use it all. i not only have a close-up lense but a couple of filters. you definately need a UV filter to block the ultraviolet and blue rays. (it also prolects the lens from minor mishaps) OPA