This was my friend’s status today on facebook. Caitlin Taylor Miller completed a 1/2 freaking marathon in 2:12:28! As a non-runner, that is completely insane to me and she has forever earned my kuddos. High five girl! Caitlin has been training for a Ragnar relay that she will be competing in February, but last week on a whim decided to sign up for a run a 1/2 marathon. I have to admit, I thought she was crazy since she had never actually ran 13.1 miles at once, but she dug down deep and pulled it off!
After the race she said she might lose a toe nail, she had a baby blister on her foot and that her quads might be SUPER sore tomorrow, but I’m sure all that won’t matter when she looks back and realizes that she had the strength, and determination to push through and finish a 1/2 freaking marathon. She should be very proud of herself!
Here is the picture she sent me right after the race. What a look of relief and accomplishment! #646….you did it!

1 comment:
Aww thanks for the shout-out. I couldn't wait to finish and call you. You were the first.
Post a Comment