A couple of days ago Dave and I had a brilliant idea. Normally, when we take the dogs on road trips or take them to the park, we fold down the back seats of the truck and lay down a blanket. It works ok, but we still get hair everywhere in the truck and poor Bella really hates riding in the truck. She doesn’t have the strength that Oso has and just lays down holding on for dear life. Dave and I decided to buy a topper for his truck so that we can preserve the inside of his truck and not have it covered in hair and lab drool. Instead of just throwing them in the back of the truck, we thought we could try to make a custom fitting box that we could put them in with their beds and some blankets. This way Bella would feel more secure and they would have a place to sleep. When pregnant mama pups give birth, their pups usually live in a small whelping box. Hence the name of our project. Since Dave’s only job right now is to stay in shape, he had some time on his hands and was really excited to spend some time on this project. Just like any home project, no matter how big or small, it only took about 173 trips to Home Depot, but he made it happen. Originally, we were just happy with the wooden box, but our minds kept imagining ways that we could make it better. We added foam side protectors, extra padding AND custom indoor/outdoor carpet. If I’ve said it once, I’ve said it a million times, we love our pups and just want them to ride in safety, comfort and style. After all, we are the crazy ones who drag them all across the country. We have a to wait a few more weeks for our topper and I can’t wait to try it out with the whelping box. I can’t wait to post some pics of the pups riding in the box.

4 comments:
WOW! It looks so comfy I might jump right in too. Love love love the pic of Dave by the truck. Way to help Oso, it may not have turned out so good without you. :)
#1!!
Awesome! I love it man well done, I laughed so hard about the trips to home depot so true right I always have to go back several times so annoying ha ha
Dave still rolling in the dodge?
Oh my. be may you should pull the pictures of the final product patten it and make a buck. you two are typical pet owners. Others might appreciate it. nice job
thats some good handywork.
Post a Comment