Sunday, January 30, 2011

Love a good EXPO!

On Satruday, when I was finally feeling better (see previous postings), we got out of the house and decided to hit up two really cool expo’s that were going on in near by cities. The first one that we went to was the Gun and Outdoor Expo in Carroll County. We had gone to this expo last year and really liked it. I forgot my camera….so I don’t have any pics Sad smile. There were all kids of guns, taxidermied animals, outdoor stuff, hunting gear etc. About half way through the expo, we came across an exibit that had some beautifully framed paintings. Dave immediately went up to one and exclaimed “It’s Stonewall Jackson!” Sidenote….incase you don’t know, Dave LOVES Stonewall. So much so that he has often told me that he would like to name one of our boys “Stonewall.” Anyway, as we started looking at this beautiful painting, the man selling them came up and explained that the painting was depicting a moment in time right before Stonewall led his troops into their final battle before he died.  He told us that the painting was done by a famous Civial War artist named John Paul Strain. As we stood their looking at it we couldn’t believe how beautiful and life-like the painting looked. The man offered us an incredible deal on it that Dave couldn’t resist. So he purchased the painting and can’t wait to put it in an office one day.

Here is an image of the painting I got off the internet:
Stonewall
Later that day we hit up another wonderful expo. It was the World Pet Expo. It was at the Maryland State Fairgrounds. It had all kids of dogs, cats, reptiles, birds and other crazy animals. It was also an expo for animal and pet vendors. The best part was that “well-socialized” dogs were allowed in the event. We were going to bring in Oso and Bella, but were glad we didn’t after seeing several signs that said “You pee on it, you buy it.” We had so much fun petting the dogs and looking at all the cool animals. I wanted to buy so many things for our fur-kids. We could’t walk out empty handed, so we got them a few yummy bones. Luckily I remembered my camera so I have some cool pics from this expo.

CSC_0198
Look at that face! I just want to squeeze it!
CSC_0201
Check out this Oso look-a-like ( I think Oso is cuter though). His name was Roscoe. He was “selling” animal truck ladders.
CSC_0202
DSC_0189
Tons of cool birds
DSC_0177
Cool dog show
DSC_0178
Beautiful collars!
DSC_0179
Oh so true….
DSC_0180
It’s a horse…it’s a plane…oh…its just a GREAT DANE! Loved him
DSC_0182
Sleeping puppies
DSC_0183
Baby pony
DSC_0184
Sheep
DSC_0185
The biggest bunny I have EVER seen!
DSC_0186
Just chillin’ with a bird on her shoulder
DSC_0191
The coolest pig ever
DSC_0192
Pretty cool snake. We didn’t spend long in the reptile area. I was kind of freaking out.
DSC_0194
Clearly this lady does not freak out over reptiles though. Ugh…gives me the willies.
DSC_0193
A super cute Turner and Hooch pup. He charged me right after I took this pic. He did not like the paparazzi all up in his grill.
DSC_0199
Dave buying our pups some bones.

3 comments:

Caitlin said...

Cute cute cute. Ok is it just me or does that blob on the floor that you said is a "pony" look like a wabbit. Maybe I'm seeing things? But whatever it is it's huuuge. I'm so proud of you guys only leaving both expos with a painting and bones. Very good! I wonder how Oso and Bella would have done. Was there a sign that said "You bark you buy"..?? If so....oh boy...you would have been bankrupt!

Dave and Shelby Hale said...

HAHAHA....you can tell it was midnight when I wrote that post. You are correct Caitlin...that blob is not a pony but a RABBIT. Ooops

Natalie Zee said...

OHMYGOSH I love the baby pony!!! I think I want one!